Fun local ways to celebrate this 4th of July weekend in Novato
July 1, 2022
With the return of Novato’s 4th of July Parade and Marin County Fair, virtual fireworks displays are being pushed aside. This year, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the 4th of July weekend locally, and in person with your family and friends!
- Novato’s First Fridays: Kick start the weekend strolling through charming Downtown Novato for First Fridays on Grant Ave. From 5 to 9 p.m., every first Friday of the month through October you can expect Grant Ave. to be filled with outdoor food, music, and extended hours from your favorite local businesses! This Friday, there will also be an artisan marketplace featuring handcrafted jewelry, ceramics, pet products, and more. A princess story with Moana, dancing, and face painting in front of Village Child will keep the kids entertained and excited for next month!
- Novato’s Annual 4th of July parade: One of the largest 4th of July parades in the Bay Area is happening from 10 a.m. to noon in Downtown Novato. The Parade begins at Reichert and Grant Ave. and ends at 7th and Grant Ave. With over 100 entries, the Novato 4th of July parade has been captivating parade goers with classic cars, musicians, marching bands and colorful floats for years. It’s a local tradition you won’t want to miss!
- 68th Annual 4th of July Buckaroo Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we suggest the Buckaroo Breakfast outside of Novato’s Redwood Credit Union from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Enjoy delicious pancakes, eggs, sausage, orange juice and coffee for free.
- Marin County Fair: Also making a comeback this year, is the all-outdoors Marin County Fair! Eager to return, the fair named this year’s theme “So Happy Together!” From June 30 through July 4, 2022, the County Fairgrounds in San Rafael will welcome visitors to carnival rides, music acts, a world marketplace, food and drinks, and nightly fireworks!
- Craft the perfect 4th of July BBQ: Looking to take it easy this year and celebrate at home with your loved ones? Don’t worry, we’ve outlined what you need to create the best backyard BBQ that’ll have your friends excited for the next. We’ve got your party planning covered with a list of everything you need to host the ultimate 4th of July BBQ — all while supporting local businesses.
From all your local Novato businesses, we hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July!