Here’s the Scoop…
July 16, 2014
Grab a bowl and spoon! July is National Ice Cream Month which means there is still plenty of time to celebrate America’s favorite frozen dessert. Luckily, there are lots of great places to “get your scoop on” around Novato, so why not make it a point to try them all? You might just discover a new place to meet friends, grab a treat, and watch the world go by. Go ahead and splurge. You deserve it!
- La Michoacana (1219 Grant Avenue) features over 30 all natural specialty ice creams, sorbets, aqua fresca, bars, and popsicles crafted with Latin American influence. Made in Sonoma with quality ingredients and no additives or preservatives, you’ll find exotic flavors like Tequila, Spicy Pineapple, Sweet Corn, Rum Raisin, and Guava in addition to traditional favorites.
- Baskin-Robbins (1769 Grant Avenue) This well-known international franchise became famous for its 31 flavors, but they also offer delicious shakes, floats, sundaes, decadent banana splits, and ready-made specialty ice cream cakes. Grab ‘n go fresh or pre-packed quarts available.
- Celine’s Sweets (879 Grant Avenue) Known for its old-fashioned candy store appeal and huge selection of novelty sweets, Celine’s also has an ice cream case where you can pick up a scoop (or two) of hand crafted gelato.
- Berry Delicious (1123 Grant Avenue) Featuring “create a cup” style froyo with several flavors and toppings to choose from (including a nice selection of fresh fruit)–you’ll weigh, pay, and enjoy!
- Tuttimelon (132 Vintage Way, in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center) Treat yourself to this establishment’s selection of premium non-fat frozen yogurts which are available in various sizes and flavors with your choice of toppings. Added plus: You’ll also find an amazing selection of artisan Italian gelato and sorbetto! It’s the perfect place to stop while shopping or after the movies.
- Paradise Market (470 Ignacio Boulevard in Pacheco Plaza) The ice cream counter (near the deli section) at this popular grocers features Lappert’s gourmet ice creams from Hawaii at just 99 cents per scoop. That’s a great value for kids and adults alike!